225 gm butter
1 cup each: golden syrup / light muscovado or brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp each : baking soda / baking powder
1 tbsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp each : mixed spice / cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Line two 11x22cm loaf pans with baking paper
- melt butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan until combined. Let cool a little
- sift flour, baking soda, b.powder and spices into a large bowl. Use a whisk to stir together and make a well in the centre. Pour butter mixture into the well along with the beaten eggs and milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into pans. Bake for 40 – 45 min or until cooked.